Why I Named My Company Eco-Learning Legacies
I named my company Eco-Learning Legacies because I wanted to invite people of all ages and backgrounds to join me in becoming part of a collective educational legacy that would invite true and lasting change on earth in the 21st century. I wanted to support people in reawakening their innate eco-intelligence.
Eco-intelligence is what I describe as "the intelligence that all people and living things are born with that guides us to live in ecological balance and harmony, and make choices that protect and sustain life rather than destroy it. As a global culture, it's clear to see (given the fact that humans and the earth are experiencing "environmental illness" on a massive scale) that we disconnected from our eco-intelligence a long time ago. Whether this disconnection was a conscious choice or an unconscious choice influenced by our social conditioning, doesn't really matter. What matters is that we get reconnected to our innate eco-intelligence, ASAP!
What I Do:·
· I support individuals, families, and wellness educators in learning about (and teaching others about) healthy, holistic, eco-sustainable living.
· I inspire self-awareness and planetary awareness; teach the value and necessity of integrating one’s personal needs with the planet’s needs.
· I oversee the development of practical life skills that empower individuals to create eco-intelligent lifestyles.
· I nurture the heart and soul of learners vs. their thinking brains alone, and invite autonomy in the learning process.
· I empower individuals to become everyday sustainable leaders (aka Eco-Mentors) in their homes and communities.
Why I Do What I Do:
· Parents are struggling to give their children a true sense of hope about the future of life on earth, because, as the environment degrades, the planet becomes less livable.
· The health of families is being hurt by toxins in the environment.
Over 50 percent of our nation’s children are dealing with a chronic health condition that, oftentimes, doctors are not qualified to diagnose and treat.
· We are all being called to lighten our ecological footprint and get in touch with out authentic human needs (including our need for connection) versus our socially conditioned wants that are ego driven.
· Politicians are not going to do the work of healing us or our planet. They are beholden to special corporate interests that place profit before the health of people and the planet.